Orangutans are the only exclusively Asian genus of extant great ape, they have longer arms than the other, more terrestrial, great apes. They are among the most intelligent primates and use a variety of sophisticated tools, also making sleeping nests each night from branches and foliage. Their hair is typically reddish-brown, instead of the brown or black hair typical of other great apes.
These creature is known as orange man, or wise man of the forest
Native to Indonesia and Malaysia, orangutans are currently found only in rainforests on the islands of Borneo and Sumatra. There are only two surviving species, both of which are endangered: the Bornean Orangutan (Pongo pygmaeus) and the critically endangered Sumatran Orangutan (Pongo abelii).
- Saving the Orangutan (theworld.org)
- School of Psychology – Activities – Featured Publications … (psy.uq.edu.au)
- orangutan will be the first Great Ape species to become extinct if current trends continue (heavenlysoaps1.wordpress.com)
- Man of the Forest in Borneo – Sepilok, Malaysia (travelpod.com)
- Orangutans and Rain – Sandakan & Sepilok, Malaysia (travelpod.com)